This Darcy Mains Separator Alarm comes complete with an intrinsically-safe control unit and a high oil probe. This alarm is suitable for indoor installation and can be installed up to 200m from the control panel.
The unit continuously checks for the presence of oil at the probe by measuring conductivity. The probe is normally submersed in water and the LED on the unit will be green. When there is a sufficient build-up of oil at the surface that covers the conductivity probe, a sounder inside the unit sounds intermittently. The LED on the unit turns red, and will remain red until the probe detects water once again.
It is recommended that this alarm can be installed up to 200m from the control panel (you will need to provide your own cable to match the distance between the display panel and separator on site).
The Darcy Separator Alarm comprises:
- Control Panel (230v)
- High Oil probe with 5m flylead
- Atex approved: Baseefa 13ATEX0172
- Specific Marking of Explosion Protection: [Ex ia] IIC (-20°C = Ta = +50°C)
The alarm system and sensor guarantees an increased level of safety on site, and requires simple installation for bespoke monitoring of separators.
Features and Benefits:
- Warns of excessive levels of oil within the separator
- Automated and remote monitoring
- Reduces site waste-management costs and ongoing servicing costs
- Complies with EN858-1&2 and PPG3
- Can be fitted to interceptors from all manufacturers (particularly suited to Klargester and Conder)
- Ensures safe and economic operation of interceptors