For residential properties without access to mains drainage, the Klargester BioDisc delivers a reliable, effective and ecologically safe solution to your sewage disposal needs – and now includes a Loss of Rotation alarm (and Pump alarm on the IPS system) as standard.
The BioDisc systems come with free UK delivery with hi-ab offloading (except for the 1250mm invert option, which will need offloading with machines on site).
Sizing your System
Browse the alternative sizes of Klargester BioDisc sewage treatment systems available via the links below:
BB BioDisc – suitable for up to 12 population (up to 10 bedrooms)
For commercial-sized systems, please contact us for more information, on 01388 537050 or click the Live Chat button on the bottom-right of this page.
How the Klargester BioDisc ® works
The Klargester BioDisc is ideal for areas where discharge is to sub-surface irrigation or to a suitable watercourse if permitted. The Rotating Biological Contractor is unique to the BioDisc, and comprises of media discs onto which aerobic micro-organisms, naturally found in sewage, become established. Natural breakdown of sewage can then occur via the ‘breakdown process’:
- Wastewater and sewage flows into the primary settlement zone where solids are settled out and retained. This accumulated sludge should be drawn out periodically.
- Partially-clarified liquor containing fine suspended solids flows upwards into the first stage Biozone for breaking down by micro-organisms on the RBC.
- Suspended solids return to the primary settlement zone and the liquor is transferred to the second stage Biozone for further treatment.
- Any solids remaining are settled out in the final settlement tank. The resulting very high quality effluent can be discharged to a watercourse.
Features of the Klargester BioDisc
In 2005, the Klargester BioDisc went through 40 weeks of rigorous testing to evaluate its treatment efficiency as part of Klargester’s dedication to satisfy the new European Standard for small treatment plants.
After delivering remarkably high levels of pollution elimination (95%) under varying loads and conditions, the Klargester BioDisc was awarded its Performance Certificate. The test report also highlighted:
- The Klargester BioDisc operates without noise or smell
- Servicing requirements are reduced with very good access
- No technical or mechanical faults
- Low energy usage at 1.3 kw/d – approx 10-14 pence per day
- Low sludge accumulation and sizeable storage capacity
- Certified to European Standard EN 12566 – Part 3 – Annexe B – Performance Tests
- The unique design of the system means that the Klargester BioDisc® is the only packaged sewage treatment system utilitising Rotating Biological Contactor technology for small domestic applications. This process offers inherent cost and performance benefits with a low carbon footprint.