How do I know if my septic tank is compliant?
You may have heard about the new septic tank regulations that came into force in 2020 and you may be thinking; How do I know if my septic tank is compliant? There are many factors that can influence the compliance of your septic tank. All of the below conditions should be considered:
- Type of system: Septic Tank (single, twin, 3 chamber) or Sewage Treatment Plant
- The distance between septic tank and habitable dwelling
- Dimensions/ capacity of the system
- The distance from a watercourse
- The size of property or how many properties are connected
- Is there any evidence of surface watter connections
- The outfall location (watercourse, drainage field or other)
- Assessment of ground conditions and suitability for a drainage field (i.e. sand, clay, loam)
- Overall condition of the system (i.e. rotten, corroded etc)
- Condition of access covers
- Internals (i.e. tee pieces in place etc)
- Distance from hard-standing for regular emptying
You may have purchased a house with a non-compliant septic tank that needs immediate remedial work to meet new standards or you may be considering selling a house with a septic tank that needs a survey. We offer a complete septic tank compliance reporting service for any septic tank owner in the UK, so you can have total peace of mind. Get in touch to arrange a site visit or just to have a chat to answer any and all questions. We are happy to help, call us on 01388 537 050 or by email email@example.com.