Bypass separators are used when it is considered an acceptable risk not to provide full treatment, for very high flows, and are used, for example, where the risk of a large spillage and heavy rainfall occurring at the same time is small, e.g.
- Surface car parks
- Lightly contaminated commercial areas
Environment Agency PPG3 Guidelines stipulate that all separators must be fitted with a robust system to provide an audible and visual alarm if the oil level becomes too high. We strongly recommend that you purchase either the Darcy Indoor Oil Alarm or the Darcy Outdoor Oil Alarm with this item, and it will be delivered with the separator ready to wire in.
Features and Benefits
- Light and easy to install
- Inclusive of silt storage volume
- Fitted inlet/outlet connectors
- Vent points within necks
- Extension access shafts for deep inverts
- Maintenance from ground level
- GRP or rotomoulded construction (rotomoulded for NSBP003, NSBP004 and NSBP006)
To specify a nominal size bypass separator, the following information is needed:
- The calculated flow rate for the drainage area served. Our designs are based on the assumption that any interconnecting pipework fitted elsewhere on site does not impede flow into or out of the separator and that the flow is not pumped
- The drain invert inlet depth
- Pipework type, size and orientation